The Silent Sword
All He Can Do
Lying together on the cool grass-
Her head resting on his chest,
His arm around her, his hand in hers-
She looks up at the starlight.
In the past, they have told her many things.
From alleviating her pain,
To granting her eternal joy,
To promising her their soul...
...and it never worked out with any of them.
But with him,
It was different.
And she wondered why.
'What would you do for me? ' she asked.
He spoke softly, 'I would do the only thing I can.'
She hesitated. 'And what's that? '
He sat up, and she faced him.
Looking her in the eyes, he said,
'You, I would unconditionally
As long as I live.'
The Silent Sword's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Gentlemen. Do the only thing you can for her.
Ladies. Don't ask for anything more.
Comments about this poem (All He Can Do by The Silent Sword )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Be childless., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- दंङ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Internet Poets, Without Pen & Paper & Th.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works, C Jay Caputo
- The CPI(M) Should Not Talk of Himan Rig.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...