All These Years
Through all the years, after all the tears.
I'm still haunted by these fears.
Jealousy reigns supreme.
When I think of where you've been,
and who you've seen.
Were they better than me?
Was it more fulfilling?
Did they make you laugh and cry?
Should I be surprised?
The time you spent with those jerks.
Was it just to get a fix?
Did you ever think of me?
Or was I just a distant memory?
All the time I thought of you.
Hoping you'd remember me too.
I realize now I was just a tool.
To shower attention onto you.
To fall in love is it so uncool?
I'm nothing special apparently.
Those other guys would most agree.
Did they treat you right?
Or did they use you then take flight?
You're so stupid for thinking I was just a kid.
Does the thought of me just make you laugh?
When you think of how you played my a**?
I was never enough.
You're so blind you'll never see.
There's no other man that's just like me.
Who could love you more than God himself.
Instead you sit there all aloof and laugh.
I'm really great you know it's true.
Just look at how I treated you.
Or do you just view me as a childish fool?
I hoped you'd find me special.
Now it's clear I'm in denial.
I want to hate you but I can't.
I don't view you as a vile rat.
It hurts me now to think of you,
because I've never stoped loving and caring it is true.
Your lying words and eyes so smooth.
It's time for me to face the truth.
You walked out with oh such ease.
So go on now and have your sleaze.
I'll love you till the end of time.
Blaming myself for all the shame.
When you need someone that's faithful and true.
I'll still be here just waiting for you.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All These Years by Michael McParland )
- Sinners الاثمون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touch-me-not, Naveed Khalid
- The Sword and the Plowshare, John F. McCullagh
- On the road a Recovery Poem, jeff newnham
- Sinners, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- An Image Of An Old House, Yohan Confectioner
- Autumn Equinox, Jacqueline Nash
- Portrait, Md. Mujib Ullah
- Childhood Never Returns, Md. Mujib Ullah
- I Am A Happy Old Man, Shalom Freedman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)