Alnitak Alnilam and Mintaka
I was late coming home
Walking along the foot path
Couldn't help looking up
There they were
Looking down at me
Alnitak and Mintaka
Either side of Alnilam...
Shining bright smiling silently...
They are the only ones to know
Apart from you and me
The stories we whispered
Walking down the path
About the day we have
Our own Alnilam
Walking between us
Never to come...!
[Alnitak, Alnilam and Mintaka are the three bright stars that form Orion's belt. If you are curious here are two links for follow up.
Rowving Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alnitak Alnilam and Mintaka by Rowving Smith )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- World of Joy, sherif monem
- JOEL OSTEEN POEM = CHILD OF GOD, Tom Zart
- Brick, Catya Prager
- A paddle, george albot
- BEFORE HIS ARRIVAL, MYK NWACHUKWU
- HAROLD'S COFFEE, Suzae Chevalier
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady
- More Pleasing To The Eye, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Commitments, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Battle of our own life, binod bastola