America The Free
What is wrong with this country?
Why do we have so much rich?
Yet fail to feed the hungry
Even with all of our luxuries
What happened to staying constitutional?
And being the land of the free
When you can't even have a fence
Over six foot three
How have we won so many wars?
But still aren't in peace
With a grenade in each hand
Will this ever seize?
Why is same-sex marriage only legal in nine states?
When will it stop being shelved?
There are much worse things
Such as the marriage age being twelve
Do you want a tattoo?
Go ahead it's your body
But you can't smoke marijuana
Even if it has never killed anybody
Or gun control laws
There is a movie of it in case you missed
I recall the title being
But don't worry
Because we are free
So keep on 'With Liberty, and Justice for All'
While we take your son as an enlistee
Junior Sapien's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (America The Free by Junior Sapien )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The day my angel died, whole world cried, The lonely wanderer
- the day I get to call you mine, The lonely wanderer
- No goal, hasmukh amathalal
- gud bye my love, The lonely wanderer
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 77, Ronjoy Brahma
- Ordinary Goddess, GRANT FRASER
- u and I are never alike, The lonely wanderer
- Truth and non-violence, gajanan mishra
- If I Die Young, John Billy Tumapon Yucot
- Not even birds, hasmukh amathalal