'Amour toujour', he whispered to the wind;
with blazing sentiments and overflown
he visioned her upon her sheep-cot throne,
his goad and mindless heed, undisciplined.
His Goat, with grace, was prancing on the grass,
upon the greenest fields where poppies bloomed,
his senses onerous and kinda flumed,
amid the blooms inhaled the sassafras.
Hence, from the sheep-cots 'pon the distant glens
where shepherds played the flutes, forever skilled,
recalled the bleating of his flock and reeled
his foolish verse for ewe-comediennes.
Her magic, virtuous, appealed to rams;
her pepped up rumination's cheering notes
and soon, the drunken sheep and tripping goats,
the shepherd's dance convoyed, with flutes and drums.
Giorgio Venetopoulos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
(Iambic Pentameter - Pastoral)
Comments about this poem (Amour toujour by Giorgio Venetopoulos )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The lesson, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Animal Rights(A Surrogate Hen), U Win Kyi
- Violence in silence, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Conscience, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Compassionate Bondage, Monk E. Biz
- Flowers on my feet, Cigeng Zhang
- what do you think, Edgar Stevenson
- Poem: Let Me Touch His Garment, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Genre-Free Nights Nine 74, Anne Tardos
- The Masculine Point of View Nine 73, Anne Tardos