An Angel In The Night
In the misty moon -lit night an angel did alight
Peeped me through the window-
With my beloved holding tight.
She was smiling at me with a gleam in her face
Having a glowing ring all around her head.
I jumped up with a maddening joy -
And told her to come near me.
But with a majestic smile in her face
She was nodding her head, didn't move.
I asked her - 'then why my dear..... again to make me cry '!
She told me 'Oh' dear I also do cry and ought to be with thine
But the body what I left, can never get back again.
The angel brought me tonight to see you and say hello-
I was always yours and still I am thine'.
With a pool of tears in my eyes I waved my hands out,
The angel with a lovely smile started to fly -
Clasping you under her wings, saying good bye.
I sprang up in my bed, rubbing my tearing eyes
Still in a hallucination thinking where was I?
In the morning's soothing light - I looked up in the sky
I shouted with a cry 'Hey-I will come very soon -you wait for mine'
A white cloud was passing by -
Slowly away from my sight………
Amitava (20.01.2014) on my birth day today.
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY AMITAVA SUR
Amitava Sur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (An Angel In The Night by Amitava Sur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- While Others Sleep, Richard Provencher
- Madness, Is It Poetry
- Hand of the All Goddess, Stephen Bishop
- It's good to be back home..., David Lessard
- Words & Thoughts On Pause, Richard Provencher
- Sleeping Summers Beauty, Doug Jones
- If William Carlos Williams Had Been Born.., W.B. Keckler
- When will heavens love ever decline us?, Mark Heathcote
- Winning Bee, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Is it Halloween tonight, Mark Heathcote