An Early Fear
You promised one thing –
another and then after another – then one more final thing;
which is what my lovely dearest?
Ah yes, the prominent sacred ring,
for we will indeed keep the ball rolling
to that moment, which symbolically suffices, justly resembling
our eternal love and togetherness.
The trust I had in thee, in keeping
your promises – one that you professed to me – painfully,
you have disregarded my sincerity, thus permitting
I to feel much sorrow, even to be slightly disbelieving
in the most significant blessing.
Nevertheless, even though our distance, you are the nearest;
however an unwanted phenomenon was resisting
that derives from the horridness re-emerging.
My love for you is strong; however, I am suffering,
for I desire that you will be forgiving;
hereto, we will keep on truckin’ to remain together lovingly.
Nicholas Nikolov's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Early Fear by Nicholas Nikolov )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- How Can I Fly, Ronjoy Brahma
- Epic Joshua Speed, Richard Thripp
- The Bounty Of Nature, Miethi Goswami
- MY GOOD HEART, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- White Port (revised), Jose Armando Guzman
- Ha Mai Ladki Hu..........., sonali kumari
- emaandari ya bemaani ya dil ka khot hai, Kamar Alam
- HOW CAN ONE ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF DUTY, Upendra Singh
- BARAS-BARAS MEGHA RE, Upendra Singh
- I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON AROUND, MOHAMMAD SKATI