I am inside my room without any light,
With little candles in my trembling hand,
I am in silence and for wisdom fight,
With thousand thoughts which in my mind stand.
I see the face of crystal pour souls,
The spirit`s breath I feel with pale skin.
I see this world, all brave and falsely roles.
I am of life a sapient harlequin.
I make my way with threading golden rays
Of people`s dreams and sloppy paper ink,
Create the picture of each mystic pace,
I write, imagine, say, remember, think.
I understand my wings are in my heart,
I swear to share them for time you never loose.
Like angels play for Earth of greatness part,
Like sleepy bud, the way of warm I choose.
I slacken pain of my gloomy past,
Forgive the stars which shone for me at night
In peoples` eyes, because in God I trust,
And now my soul belongs to Holly Light.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Oath by Ekaterina Polischuk )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Stilling to North, Arthur Sze
- Counting the Days, Leonard Champlin
- Blue or Green, James Galvin
- By Sun Arisen, Saiom Shriver
- From Weapon To Lifegiver, Saiom Shriver
- Ars Poetica (cocoons), Dana Levin
- A Self-defeating Victory, Rajesh Thankappan
- One With The Infinite God, Saiom Shriver
- I See The Ground, Naveed Akram
- Tears And Smiles..., Khairul Ahsan