An Unexpected Daughter
An unexpected daughter came today
In the oh-so regular way
Like mail unflinchingly delivered.
The scent of her delivery
Feminine and obscene;
The bridal veil so flagrantly wasted
On a boastful and brash baby boy
Swaddled in blue linens.
Two pink tender fists stand ready
To smooth masculine kiss.
Tyler Wilcox's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Unexpected Daughter by Tyler Wilcox )
- I Hope, Michael McParland
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
- Joan Rivers, Ima Ryma
- First October Twenty Fourteen, Tony Adah
- تحية طيبة, خليل مردم بك
Poem of the Day
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Viggo Stuckenberg
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns