She swished her tail, lank and lean
Strung me along on a lead
No dog I to be treated mean.
Treated like a mongrel breed…
My senses ran above bare ankles
Purring likes a cat - I longed
To play once more with, round baubles
Have her sit in my lap - pronged.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Animal instincts… by Mark Heathcote )
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai
- Stand Small, Von Kimball Barney
- This Friendship Has Sunk, Francie Lynch
- Smiling, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Desperation and Suicide, Is It Poetry
- Journey Rythms, Tony Adah