Another hymn to Christ
I watch the sweep towards Benbulbin,
from Ladies Brae,
of sheep hill, and cattle fold,
I listen to the wind that
at night can winter howl,
and summer can carpet, like a
bride and groom wedding view.
The climbers towards the hill,
the young trainee searching monks,
towards Horeb look,
that sweeps down towards
For then I lift up,
mine eyes have seen,
hope and beauty,
faith and ballast,
and what I look towards now,
can be Christ on water.
Advent waited to mature,
as waiting does,
like wine at Cana,
between sinner and saint,
and Mary's look of love,
and Christ waits on
the still soul.
Qui fecit caoelem et terrem.
Bernard Kennedy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Another hymn to Christ by Bernard Kennedy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- World Of Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Creating A Christmas Tree, Doris Beaulieu
- love it up like yeah?, Mandolyn ...
- What not to be done while a person is ly.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- buzz off bees, lee fones
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.39, Robert Graber
- Happy Birthday Dear Mum, Adewale Ajakanri
- The Blood is the Key, Matthew Buck
- Olwakho uthando, Phiwe Mbatha
- I rish this couldn't say it's R's, Mandolyn ...