Myla Rose Gigante
April's Birthday Bash!
Hop! Hop! Hop!
Here goes the small map
Rolling slowly at the top
Bouncing clumsily with a small cup
Full of colors that aglow and pop pop pop
His eyes were big but it disappeared in just one snap!
As the great waves splashed
The old camera flashed
Some old and brownish bells clashed
Inside of the bottle they crashed
While the weary bees were in a rushed
Some trolls hurriedly followed and abashed
When the king picked up the ugly elf and blushed
Ring! Ring! Ring!
The bossy telephone is ringing
Waiting impatiently while hanging
The grouchy curly wires were swirling
When suddenly it had stopped ringing
Then blue birds flopped its dry frizzy wings
And fell into the old bushy thing
Tik Tok! Tik Tok!
Says the old and lazy clock
The coward kitten was in the sack
Hiding nervously at the back of the rock
While the lousy chick was inside of the bucket block
Looking furiously at the old grumpy gummy dummy duck
My Day! My Day! My!
Today is my birthday!
Twenty-six of December is today
Christ the King's birthday was yesterday
And tomorrow is my secret brother's birthday
Greetings flowed here and there the whole day
But no presents arrived at the end of the day
Ding-dong! Ding-dong! Ding-dong!
Today is not December to sing along!
It's April and have to sing a birthday song!
Four people will celebrate the whole month long
These four people are healthy and will live long
Sixth is the number of where the youngest belong
Ninth is for Father and he's extremely strong
Eighteenth's for third elder sister, all night long
Twenty-third's for Mother and we'll sing a song
Myla Rose Gigante's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (April's Birthday Bash! by Myla Rose Gigante )
- Hunger - never, gajanan mishra
- Our world's critical crises, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Unexpected Rendezvous, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Deathly war of soul, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Creed of yours, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Epistle To Mine Mater, Sir Toby
- Story for all of me, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- I saw only her, Erato
- Care of tear, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The Grave, Sir Toby
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)