devon da poet
Are you being true to yourselves? ? ?
Are you being true to yourselves When you clock a 4.0 and you know by tomorrow you nah fi even remember what you wrote in the tests?
Are you being true to yourselves when you know that God gave us all distinguished gifts but you think to yourselves that you're the best...at every thing?
Are you being true to yourselves when on Saturday evenings you go to secular parties and shows and on Sunday mornings you show up inna the church like you're more holy and pure... than everyone else?
Are you being true to yourselves when you know the word of God straight from your head, not partially, at least that's what you think. You think you know the words entirely, when you choose to share it with friends and you're not even living accordingly.... Instead you're living in pretense.
Are you being true to yourselves when you know that Christ came to demonstrate the true meaning of faith, and how to live in accordance to grace, but you believe that somehow you got to ask of him for you to get your wants and needs when he has already given everything to you. How could you forget?
This is so redundant, asking negates faith.
You need to accept his proposition and learn to acknowledge that Christ's not the problem it's the things he hates.
it's our sins! Yes, that's the heavy weight that's keeping us back... yea!
Are you being true to yourselves?
devon da poet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are you being true to yourselves? ? ? by devon da poet )
- Nje portret dashurie kam mbetur..., skender iljaz braka
- Escape From - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Heartless Souls, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- سأعطيك النهار الجميل, مالك حداد
- Everyday Options, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- يجب أن نقتل الليل, مالك حداد
- Is any other God equal to Thillai Sabapa.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- World Of Our Own, Adewale Ajakanri
- Metaphor of life, SALINI NAIR
- The flouted wealth, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Sunday Morning, Louis Macneice
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)