Lawrence S. Pertillar
As Far As Truth And Reality Goes
What is it that they are protesting now?
'They are protesting against the affects,
Of their treasured entitlements...
They protested to keep protected.'
What they are doing makes absolutely no sense.
NOW they protest against what offends them?
It seems to me they are touched with a bit of insanity.
'It's best to ignore them.'
'They are the same people who fought for the right,
For their sons and daughters to create havoc...
Wherever they go day and night.
With a doing of their best obscenities.'
Didn't they once protest to 'get' these entitlements?
'Didn't you hear me say,
It is best to ignore them and walk away?
Everytime they come face to face with reality,
They either attempt to change it...
Or deny its existence.
And that is what we are now witnessing.'
I didn't hear the walk away part.
But as far as truth and reality goes?
You will still confront those same folks,
Who will find some excuse to oppose it.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (As Far As Truth And Reality Goes by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I resign, Nassy Fesharaki
- Prairie Fire, Keith Taylor
- One-Sided Faith, Edgar Albert Guest
- The First Rule Of Golf, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Women Of The Sailors, Edgar Albert Guest
- Not A Money Debt, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Friend's Greeting, Edgar Albert Guest
- Old-Fashioned Folks, Edgar Albert Guest
- Talking useless, gajanan mishra
- Answering Age, Edgar Albert Guest