At My Tech and Call
AT MY TECH AND CALL
Modern technology's a wonder
Just amazing this I know
If I get lost there's my GPS
That will tell me where to go.
If I am bored at home alone
And want to have some fun,
I can play against Nintendo Wii
Although I have never won.
For my mathematical prowess
I realize there's no flattery.
But, thanks to my calculator
I'm as good as a fresh battery
My cherished old film camera
Is no longer photographically hip.
Instead it is all about pixels
Stored on a memory chip.
No need to know 'bout shutter speeds
And 'F' stops as in back in the day.
No need to know my elbow
From my ASA
I wonder what auld Scottish
Poet Robert Burns would say
Were he around to take a look
At this our modern day?
O wad some power
The giftie will sink us.
To own devices that
Can out think us.
Edward Iacona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (At My Tech and Call by Edward Iacona )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Eating Out At The Elephant Bar, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Road To The Moon, Neela Nath
- Worry not, my dear, gajanan mishra
- The Onlys, douglas scotney
- First Impressions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Is there any thing called death?, gajanan mishra
- Hiding In Daylight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My First Day, Ejalonibu Abraham
- Oh Stranger, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Thinking In Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak