Atleast Someone Listens (For Him)
Darkness begins to fall
But this time I'm not alone
This time someone is here
This time someone is listening.
Smiling at the phone in my hand
I read the message and laugh
Smiling to myself as I reply
Glad someone is here tonight.
I look forward to each time we talk
It's not a crush, just happiness
At someone to talk to,
Someone to listen.
Everyone else is busy
You have time to talk
You listen while I ramble on
But you say you don't mind.
So glad to have found friendship
So nice to have someone to listen
As the events in my life unfold
Thanks so much for listening.
You make me laugh,
You help distract me
When I'm upset or irritated
You treat me like an equal.
You don't talk down to me
You don't tell me to grow up
You just are there to listen
And it helps a lot.
Thanks so much, I really mean it
I look forward to the next time we talk
And maybe next time
You can talk, and I will listen.
Karley Kay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Atleast Someone Listens (For Him) by Karley Kay )
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam
- The African Spirit, Gbolagade Taiwo
- For ones who Mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Just When You Dont Know What To Say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar
- Postman, Naveed Khalid
- Nightmare, Naveed Khalid
- Snowdon, Naveed Khalid
- Right is Right, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan