Atleast Someone Listens (For Him)
Darkness begins to fall
But this time I'm not alone
This time someone is here
This time someone is listening.
Smiling at the phone in my hand
I read the message and laugh
Smiling to myself as I reply
Glad someone is here tonight.
I look forward to each time we talk
It's not a crush, just happiness
At someone to talk to,
Someone to listen.
Everyone else is busy
You have time to talk
You listen while I ramble on
But you say you don't mind.
So glad to have found friendship
So nice to have someone to listen
As the events in my life unfold
Thanks so much for listening.
You make me laugh,
You help distract me
When I'm upset or irritated
You treat me like an equal.
You don't talk down to me
You don't tell me to grow up
You just are there to listen
And it helps a lot.
Thanks so much, I really mean it
I look forward to the next time we talk
And maybe next time
You can talk, and I will listen.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Atleast Someone Listens (For Him) by Karley Kay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Sand, Joey Jones
- Variations, Kewayne Wadley
- T, Vinaya Joseph
- माँ गंगा Maan Ganga (Hindi), S.D. TIWARI
- Blessings, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- A Happy Poet, REALLY?, Sandra Feldman
- Each Day I Live a Life and Die!, Monk E. Biz
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz
- Green Flag, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Forest is not Deep, But it is Green, Monk E. Biz