Awe Of Arrival
There's an amazing feeling
each time I see you.
It is the feeling of fulfillment
a reverence to your arrival.
My vision enveloped to your presence
signals my hearts welcoming red-carpet.
Temperature rises transuding perspiration
throughout my body... immediately!
I am at your mercy.
You grant me a pleasing smile
effectuating the strongest love.
O' what an achievement my lady
you have bestowed me my greatest desire.
A graceful coalition of heart and soul
your honest and undeniable devotion
of love at first sight...again!
I am at your mercy
and you! are at mine.
Take you to be my wife.
Gengis Capote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Awe Of Arrival by Gengis Capote )
- From palace, hasmukh amathalal
- Loving you patient, tsholofelo phakathi
- Afterward, Frank Avon
- स्पष्ट तुम्हें मैं देख रहा हूँ (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Heavenward Bending, Frank Avon
- No reaction, hasmukh amathalal
- Walking Into The Future, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Pillow of the night, Emmanuel George Cefai
- O to be haunted!, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Trembling glow-worm, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- November, Thomas Hood
- A Question, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(2 February 1882 – 13 January 1941)