Joseph James Breunig 3rd
bfont color=#0000CCHuman Behavior/font/b
It’s hard to extol the merits of mankind
and to lavish excessive praise is insane;
recognize the gamut of vain emotion
and treatment of our brothers that’s inhumane.
The natural nature of man is hardly good –
Proof is found in our vocabulary;
despite incredible accomplishments of this world,
poor relationships of man to extremes are still carried.
Our literature and news is littered
with ugly views of crime and hate.
For brief review of the damage perpetuated,
let’s take time to reiterate.
There’s slavery, incest, murder, torture,
greed, rape, hatred, genocide, racism,
bigotry, fear, starvation, thievery,
lasciviousness and terrorism.
Uncaring predators have always existed,
unable to overcome the evil within.
Such conditions show our need for a loving God,
to triumph over the presence and affects of sin.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (bfont color=#0000CCHuman Behavior/font/b by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
- - Very Long Time Ago Honey You Captured .., Ali Sabry
- - I'm Not Rich That's True My Lovely Bea.., Ali Sabry
- - Me & You We Will Enjoy In This World f.., Ali Sabry
- - Every Night I Remember You Honey-, Ali Sabry
- - I Want To Marry You Now-, Ali Sabry
- - My Lovely Princess Is My Weakness Point-, Ali Sabry
- - Please My Lovely Lady Give Me Some Of .., Ali Sabry
- - I'm Write Your Name On The Mountains-, Ali Sabry
- - Love Is All I Need My Lovely Beauty La.., Ali Sabry
- - The Love Will Still To The First Lover.., Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Stefanie Fontker
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow