From a little girl,
to your kitten,
oh, baby, I love you.
We could've been perfect,
but now we're precious
and that's just as good as
as good as it gets.
Our hearts shattered
and they healed
that's what love is,
that's what makes it
makes life worth it,
makes us make it
through the darkness
I hear your song,
come my darling,
follow my paws,
together we'll make it.
You gave me a collar,
I gave you my heart
so we can find each other
through the dark.
This world is so dark.
But you've accepted me,
and I've adopted you,
so no matter where we are,
I'll always be under your arm.
And I'll be safe in your feathers
and I'll put my wings to protect you
and we'll keep each other warm.
Because this world is so mean without you
and you're my 'Wolverine'
I don't think I could survive without you,
and I know I couldn't dream.
You gave me these fangs to keep me strong
and these claws to make me weak.
I could have wings like a skylark
and die under my tree,
but I'd rather be a baby lovebird
with my baby,
because this world is so cruel
and you can only be sweet,
so I'll rest against your muscles
'till I'm strong enough to fly away.
From the crook of your arm,
'till I reach the weeping cherry trees,
you'll help me grow up
into a full-fledged parakeet,
and I'll be sweet forever
just like you taught me
and I'll always be your kitten,
because you're my baby.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Baby Kitten by Kelly Zion )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(01 January 1950)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Reading Elizabeth Bishop's Poem 'Insomnia', Merton Lee
- A language, a race, gajanan mishra
- Reality And Unimagination..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Smile, hafiz qasim
- Soldiers' Living Tomb, Ima Ryma
- Winter In The Wind, Tony Adah
- Barren Moon, Esther Ukeh
- Unrest Soul: Churches After Christ Death, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Weak in Nature, hafiz qasim
- It's Not About Science, Just Satellites..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR