Bay Of Dismay
Always was always so certain in it's way.
Never could you change it's mind or
How it would have it's say.
Her eyes are made up of sunsets.
But she holds the moon at bay.
Her eyes are watered
But the sea is receding now today
Her eyes are shadows, shadows
She questions everything I say.
The gemini was born three days past the bull.
In a land full of richness and
Illusions are cut and pressed down at the mill.
Her hands are empty and the wind begins to blow.
Her hands are fingered but I see no rings aglow.
Her hands are waving but I am so far and so...
Her hands have faltered over a heart so full of grief.
Her hands are longing for touching and some pure belief.
Her hands are lingering, lingering...
The ships they come into the safety of the harbor.
Then dock and they rope onto the wharf.
The gangplank unloads it's cargo of remorse.
But this widow stands not among the chorus.
She twists and turns in a blacklaced chiffon party dress.
And the bayed back moon is peeping through the clouds
Humming a song of freedom before
The clouds get it going and move it on along.
Oh.....oh her eyes are sunsets, sunsets!
Midnights Voice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bay Of Dismay by Midnights Voice )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 July 1875 – 22 February 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Non Sequitur with Sirius, Paul Hartal
- Suiyang, My Hometown, Luo Zhihai
- Correction Room, Akhtar Jawad
- Use of victory, gajanan mishra
- Goodnight Darling One, Michael P. McParland
- what the black cat said to the misty flu.., cristobal Benjumea
- Cold, Mike Acker
- Silence is not peace, ramesh rai
- Honey its your last chance, cristobal Benjumea
- Related, gajanan mishra