Samael Yugalin Emrys
Be My Friend Again
I feel sad! I feel sad! ,
don't seal me, for that
I am mad! I am mad! .
Yes I had! , for that I am sad.
I lived on the red river in a castle
where every thing wasn't red but black! , so
don't hustle me for that I lived in a castle! ,
not in castle as it was but with the wastrels.
Never thought as I was taught to be, begone!
Ever I felt what I sought I was slaughtered
for that I never was wrong with the prong! .
but my life never always sang the prang.
Riding in the river of life's pool,
hiding things do the fools.
I am not the fool for my soul
for that I do many fouls! .
I was sloppy to make you sad
yes, sappy person I am but
never felt not to felicitate for that
most people do hesitate.
Forget the things that happened
so make the hinge deepened.
Be my friend again but not for the trend.
Be my friend but not for the trend! .
Samael Yugalin Emrys's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Be My Friend Again by Samael Yugalin Emrys )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(18 September 1906 - 18 September 1995)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Believe In Yourself, Ronell Warren Alman
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- "க்ரிஸ்து" என்ற ஒரு ஜோதி!, Subbaraman N V
- PIOUS WELCOME TO TWENTY FIFTEEN*, Subbaraman N V
- Pschology 101 (I), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Dancer's Life, Donald Justice
- What Christmas for Them..........?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- I Know You Are There, Orlando Belo
- Dior-Ets, The Body Mass of Death..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Glimpsing Silverstein's Truth, Merton Lee
- A Christmas Wish of A Lifetime..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Unseen, Self-Empathizing Mirrors, Merton Lee