They all exalt in normal
they do not like the weird,
they slander anybody
who's slightly out of gear.
They all berate the odd ball
that stands out from the crowd.
You've seen odd balls at parties
hung loose, all odd and proud.
The odd ball talks excitedly
about his odd ball ways
The things that other people fear
or find a trifle strange.
They say that he's not normal,
they snigger and they grin
but he'd rather be an odd ball
than normal, just like them.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being odd by Ruth Walters )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Heather Burns, Abdullah alHemaidy
- IT IS OUR TRADITION, john chizoba vincent
- Pink Pyjama Party?, Stephen Katona
- SIMPLY SELFLESS, PRINCESS LISA APARAMA
- don't make me turn these stars around, Mandolyn Davidson
- Dumb Them Down Stupid People I Can't Think, Is It Poetry
- one hundred and shut up degrees, Mandolyn Davidson
- Magnifico, Gaylord Munemo
- Boys Will Be Girls, George Hunter
- Where is the Honor?, Maverick Jones