Ofentse Mercy Hajane
A warrior of might
swimming the seven deadly seas
to sieze eternal glory
A hero mightier than Hercules
A wraith more arrogant than Arcelues.
The descendant of the worth Geats
The child of Egcpoew the destroyer of
and worlds within
Monsters and enemies alike knows of his strength
and of his kingdom.
Alof were he learnt of might and
Sieged by greatness
No challenge bares hardship to his shadow.
Once he met a king
Plagued by a cunning demon towering
Making them a miniture neusense.
The son of the emperial king Wrothgar,
and the serpent dwelling in the cave
of dark wealth
Then the light of Beowulf shone upon
the land of Wrothgar
Horn to horn he battled the hulky Grandel.
Victory was his
The kingdom of Wrothgar,
lacking a heir
fell upon his shoulders.
But even the mighty heroes find it not at ease to battle the urge of manhood.
He too, unto his throne
With beareds begining to sparkle of
He dwelled under regrets,
A curse of his error
A curse of his desires
Thrushed upon him with a terror,
many though it had long perished.
A serpent of old,
Evil springing out from each of its scale.
Talons more fierce than a bear.
A dragon of terrible gold
With its wake came again his victory
The victory of the mighty warrior-king Beowulf
But with that a much greater price he
had to endure...
It came swimming in his veins
The sins of the fathers has yet toot a great warrior
The sins of the fathers
took Lord Beowulf
Ofentse Mercy Hajane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beowulf's Death by Ofentse Mercy Hajane )
- a symphony, Cee Bea
- one shouldn't, Neelapu Suresh
- Spring Wood, Knutsford: my place of play, Mark Heathcote
- Mrs. Ullrick, Akhtar Jawad
- See the Beauty of Heaven, Aftab Alam
- Changes after being In love, Sneha Celine
- The Tailor's Daughter - III (The Underw.., Chris Zachariou
- Quicksand of That Good Woman, Donal Mahoney
- Does Remain Lastingly, Rohit Sapra
- Martyrs at the Borders, DOMINIC K V
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(9 February 1874 – 12 May 1925)