You've been My Baby so so far
you'll be My Baby forever
so come Baby, give me hope
please help me find a home.
Life split us apart,
but I'll always hold your heart.
We used to be kittens playing together
but now you're My Baby, and that's much better
I'll keep you safe, I'll be your feather
please Baby, be my protector.
I'm growing into a full-grown cat
and I need more than just a ball to bat
curiosity can't make me die
because My Baby's by my side.
So find this little kitten a home
before she turns into skin and bones
and I don't want to die young
but I can't survive without love
so lock these dogs back in their cage
so I can safely run away.
I'm just a fishing river cat
who needs to find her way back
to the home she never had
inside the arms of her man
(who probably does not exist
but Baby, you'll do your best
to find me a better home than this
which will always be the better home.)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Better Home by Kelly Zion )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- An Inexplicable Gift!, Monk E. Biz
- It is shame, gajanan mishra
- A praise or A Satire, Aftab Alam
- Perfection Beyond Yin Yang, Monk E. Biz
- Joint campaign, hasmukh amathalal
- Women of Tahrir Square, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Victory is ours, gajanan mishra
- Teacher, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- The Road is Full of Thorn,, Aftab Alam
- Do accept, hasmukh amathalal