You've been My Baby so so far
you'll be My Baby forever
so come Baby, give me hope
please help me find a home.
Life split us apart,
but I'll always hold your heart.
We used to be kittens playing together
but now you're My Baby, and that's much better
I'll keep you safe, I'll be your feather
please Baby, be my protector.
I'm growing into a full-grown cat
and I need more than just a ball to bat
curiosity can't make me die
because My Baby's by my side.
So find this little kitten a home
before she turns into skin and bones
and I don't want to die young
but I can't survive without love
so lock these dogs back in their cage
so I can safely run away.
I'm just a fishing river cat
who needs to find her way back
to the home she never had
inside the arms of her man
(who probably does not exist
but Baby, you'll do your best
to find me a better home than this
which will always be the better home.)
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Better Home by Kelly Zion )
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam
- The African Spirit, Gbolagade Taiwo
- For ones who Mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Just When You Dont Know What To Say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar
- Postman, Naveed Khalid
- Nightmare, Naveed Khalid
- Snowdon, Naveed Khalid
- Right is Right, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan