devon da poet
Black, White and No Grey
White plus black suppose to be grey
but i never saw you anyway!
Dark ship; white foes, no grey!
You bought me from the black troops, White sword and white suits, no grey!
Big white sails, black and chained in jail, no grey!
Been in the ocean for so long, i forgot where i came from.
Darkest nights ever: white all over.
Why did you lead me astray? black and white, no grey!
Ships docked, calm air: a whisper as loud as a fallen hair,
New land of despair; gazed outside with fear.
Niger! white prey, no grey!
They wiped out all who were here, and fought for an unequal share,
Black souls and white spear, no grey!
Still locked in chains, been given names,
lined up in shame.
Teared off my shirt from out of my chest,
the intent: to test my black strength,
White scent, no grey!
Never toiled this hard; anguish i had.
More whip than sleep: more weep than eat.
No escape; guns and canine teeth,
Still we fought; black and white, no grey!
I lost my wife to save my life.
'Through pain and strive we will survive! '
Black indigenous culture: white Christ,
You read from a white book but thought me black lies.
Alas, i could no longer stay: no grey.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Black, White and No Grey by devon da poet )
- 'तस्वीर', Rahul Vyas
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men are sexually cruel., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Decrepit, Adam Ruudiina
- NEELA NATH Opulent Poetess Extraordinair.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Not with tears, hasmukh amathalal
- Laziness, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Dreams or Dust?, Adam Ruudiina
- Shut up for good, gajanan mishra
- The Enemy, Jose Orozco
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)