devon da poet
Black, White and No Grey
White plus black suppose to be grey
but i never saw you anyway!
Dark ship; white foes, no grey!
You bought me from the black troops, White sword and white suits, no grey!
Big white sails, black and chained in jail, no grey!
Been in the ocean for so long, i forgot where i came from.
Darkest nights ever: white all over.
Why did you lead me astray? black and white, no grey!
Ships docked, calm air: a whisper as loud as a fallen hair,
New land of despair; gazed outside with fear.
Niger! white prey, no grey!
They wiped out all who were here, and fought for an unequal share,
Black souls and white spear, no grey!
Still locked in chains, been given names,
lined up in shame.
Teared off my shirt from out of my chest,
the intent: to test my black strength,
White scent, no grey!
Never toiled this hard; anguish i had.
More whip than sleep: more weep than eat.
No escape; guns and canine teeth,
Still we fought; black and white, no grey!
I lost my wife to save my life.
'Through pain and strive we will survive! '
Black indigenous culture: white Christ,
You read from a white book but thought me black lies.
Alas, i could no longer stay: no grey.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Black, White and No Grey by devon da poet )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- When The Evening Light Comes, Pijush Biswas
- Hindi haiku (56-60), S.D. TIWARI
- Retirement (or) Till Your Last, Natarajan Ramaseshan
- An illicit dream....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The House Across Our Road, Kuda Bondamakara
- sadism, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Call me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Gibberish, Neela Nath
- Wonderful World, fareha fatima
- COPLA 88 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan