Bootprints And Tiretreads
If you follow my bootprints
you'll find empty shoes,
if I walked away from you.
If I follow you're tiretreads,
I'd find empty tracks,
if you walk away from me
there's no turning back.
Oh, but I'd make a road anyway
to help guide you home
and you'd fill my shoeprints
with your own cowboy boots.
We'll make each other make it
because we care so much
we'll fill the tire and bootprints
with sweet unfeigned love.
Oh, we'll make it home together
and if I run away
you'll come after me
with empty tire treads.
You'll always rescue me,
and I'll rescue you
because this world is so lonely
in empty cowboy boots.
Oh baby, and we need each other,
we need true love,
so I'll follow your tire treads
until I find your truck.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bootprints And Tiretreads by Kelly Zion )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(01 January 1950)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I am mad with Love, Mirabai
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Swachh Bharat, Swasth Bharat (Bharathiya), Dr John Celes
Poem of the Day
- Me, Myself, Tex T Sarnie
- For to Be A Poetess, I Left My Husband, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- बैसागु, Ronjoy Brahma
- Chassis, Alice Cordy
- My Time On The Mountain, Orlando Belo
- A Degree of Intensity, Daniel Brick
- Oh, This Age of Self-propaganda And Publ.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- हारिनि इयुना जोँनि आखायावनो, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Honey Bee, Paul Sebastian
- Compromised, M.J. Lemon