Going places, I enjoy
A bus ride on the road
No take off or landing
Nor rail tracks to guide.
Bus must be in good condition
Road not bumpy, well maintained
No standing passengers allowed
Ride's uncomfortable otherwise.
Given the choice of a place
To sit, they say mid way
Between front and rear wheels
Tends to be more comfortable.
But I prefer to sit in front
Loved it since my childhood
To see the road, the world
Like the driver sees on the move.
Vehicles passing and those passed
A dynamic drama in action
Thrill it is to steer passengers
Driving forward, they behind.
Less tiring's virtual driving
Feeling the bumps and turns
And no need to view the map
Or hear the voice of gps device.
No warnings from companions
Drive it your way, what a relief!
Safely you reach the destination
Body and mind in fine condition.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bus Ride by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
Did you read them?
- If Thou Of Fortune Be Bereft, John Greenleaf Whittier
- An Open Book, Phil Soar
- Winter blue, Phil Soar
- Mom You Please Hear, Pintu Mahakul
- Mind and Nature, Aftab Alam
- Faint Music, Robert Hass
- Alexander Pushkin I loved you, valentin savin
- O Talibans, They Are The Buddhas, You Fi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Cobras Hissing And Basketed, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Glorified Clay, Suresh Dogra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)