Oh! It's very cheap a bottle of Cerveza
And I spent only a dollar and ninety nine cents.
All of a sudden I flew to El Salvador last night,
And it's a Red carpet at San Salvador,
Straight away from the Air Port been to President's house.
While at the dinner table we discussed about the Pipil Indians,
Descendants of the Aztecs, previous series of military dictatorships
And the invasion Honduras.
He offered me a position in the Government,
'Minister of Fisheries'?
I was shocked then I said; ' I am sorry better give that chance to a poor native fisherman who knows the depth of sea well.'
The two consecutive bottles of beer
Gave me a slight hangover in the morning.
I wiped my watery eyes and I found the fading figure of El Salvador's President in my strange dream.
*And this was imprinted on the side of the bottle.
Legend has it the fishermen of Central America sought the great Loggerhead Turtle in warm Tropical waters.It's Tribal belief that this powerful Turtle, also known as the 'Caguama' symbolized good fortune for the fishermen's Village.It's our hope that you too will experience the good fortune of the 'Caguama'.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*Caguama by nimal dunuhinga )
- Lost, zheung kyuhkoh
- Fall down, lonely, zheung kyuhkoh
- Mission: Fission Or Fusion, Aftab Alam
- My broken heart Transcends, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
- There be a whole civilization, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Under the Flag of Civilization, Emmanuel George Cefai
- United in flying, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Poet Seer in parable., Emmanuel George Cefai
- There was a Poet Seer and the people gat.., Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)