Oh! It's very cheap a bottle of Cerveza
And I spent only a dollar and ninety nine cents.
All of a sudden I flew to El Salvador last night,
And it's a Red carpet at San Salvador,
Straight away from the Air Port been to President's house.
While at the dinner table we discussed about the Pipil Indians,
Descendants of the Aztecs, previous series of military dictatorships
And the invasion Honduras.
He offered me a position in the Government,
'Minister of Fisheries'?
I was shocked then I said; ' I am sorry better give that chance to a poor native fisherman who knows the depth of sea well.'
The two consecutive bottles of beer
Gave me a slight hangover in the morning.
I wiped my watery eyes and I found the fading figure of El Salvador's President in my strange dream.
*And this was imprinted on the side of the bottle.
Legend has it the fishermen of Central America sought the great Loggerhead Turtle in warm Tropical waters.It's Tribal belief that this powerful Turtle, also known as the 'Caguama' symbolized good fortune for the fishermen's Village.It's our hope that you too will experience the good fortune of the 'Caguama'.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*Caguama by nimal dunuhinga )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Song About Myself, John Keats
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Bright Star, John Keats
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- "Why do I love" You, Sir?, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- The dangers of a selfie, lee fones
- The Other Side of Me, Eugene Latumbo
- IN THE COMFORT OF NATURE, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Agnes, Alexander Onoja
- The Escapist, Jaipal Singh
- GOD LISTENS AND SPEAKS, Michael P. Johnson
- A Journey By Indian Train, Bijay Kant Dubey
- They die before you do., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Witch Romance, Alexander Onoja
- The safe ground, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.