Child Coping with the Past
He's only seven, but, his life is turned inside out.
He sits and pouts.
No one loves me.
I no longer have a sister or brother.
I can't even see my real mother.
No one even likes me.
It was all, my dad's fault.
Because of his assault,
Against me and my brother,
He was real mean,
But, not my mother,
When, I grow up.
He's going to feel my judgment.
For all the times, he hurt me.
And my sister and brother,
When he sees my fist,
In his face, I'll make him feel disgrace,
That man is on my bucket list.
Unless God shows him grace.
It's my real dad's fault that my sister, and brother, and me, have been moved from place to place.
That we were thrown into the foster care system, because he was mean to us.
He's why my life is a mess.
He's the reason my emotions regress.
And, I have a hard time making progress.
That man hurt me.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Child Coping with the Past by Patricia Kelley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Just Being There, Michael P. McParland
- Weihnachtsglocken, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Luggage Lady, Randy Resh
- And so why, Luv Artem
- Riddle Poem-4, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Spring in the Holy Land, Nero CaroZiv
- A Man Of Different Charectarestics, Musa Ndhlovu
- Ever Hike in Hope, Pintu Mahakul
- The Past, Eugene Latumbo
- Lovely Hand, Pintu Mahakul