Child prodigy, performed for royalty
at the beginning of the century
Considered the wunderkind
considered a gift-given
the critics darling
He gave his stradivarius away
Gave it to the gypsies.
the people with no home
they made you repeat
the word 'receipt'.
as they gave you the e-string
pulled it from the violin
and cursed and laughed
and played it with horse's hair
and played it with singing
and all the things
it didn't bring for you.
Now come with me to the forests of Kiev
I'll show you where I buried a book about freedom.
We can wait til it blossoms.
Or the snow makes it forgotten
but your name will live on, no fear
without too much attention
but still an ascension
like the gypsies hired for the hay
they do their best then on their way
Eli Spivakovsky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Child Prodigy by Eli Spivakovsky )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Raining Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- LIFE, FRIENDS & EYES OF LOVE, Tom Zart
- Ode to my stalker, or: La Luna Bella, Joseph Green
- Bluebird Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Space Case File #3,657, Joseph Green
- A Nod to Issa Kobayashi, Arguably my Fav.., Joseph Green
- No one shall, hasmukh amathalal
- Receiving A Post Card, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- my bike is somewhere floating down the m.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Beyond, Anthony Cavuoti