Coffee After Dark
Jazz notes linger in the air
like a hangover on
I keep my eyes transfixed
on the axis of the Earth
through Ray Ban sunglasses,
hoping to figure out the
mechanics of life and death.
But the answers aren't always
as obvious as the razor blade notes
coming from a trumpet solo.
My coffee is slowly vanishing,
the laughter turn into whispers
and I sit still in the middle
of it all, hoping that by pretending
that the globe revolved around
my chair, I would find my definition.
Michael Mira's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Coffee After Dark by Michael Mira )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Into The Past, Randy McClave
- Got The Feeling, Arthur Moore
- When I am alone, gajanan mishra
- Off To War, Randy McClave
- Woman's right to her child, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Which make one's beauty?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Independence Day of India 2014 (in acros.., Dr John Celes
- Bitter-Sweet Memories, Matthias Pantaleon
- Friend 2, Neela Nath
- Romantic Love, The Princess