Comment Or Jest
Why is it that when our
eyes meet so much is said,
but a word is never spoken?
And every time we exchange
words, one thing is said
but another is almost always
Why is it that we're always
claiming to walk away but
our bodies never seem to stray.
Actions 'tween you and I
always take place but
none represent our true
Why is it that we always
abuse and insult when none of the
words ever make any sense?
And why is it that when I'm
ready to step away you always
seek me out, with a wave, a
wink or simply a look.
We're caught in this ridiculous
cycle where we abuse and
claim to hate.....
but never do we let the other
wander far without comment
or jest, so how much of this
is really hate?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Comment Or Jest by Tanya Sanes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Split Second, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It is no surprise, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Spiritual Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Saw Planets, Naveed Akram
- Saviour By The Road Side, Juwon Daniel
- went a walk, lee fones
- The Moon's Present Woe, cheryl davis miller
- Funeral, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mount Patsy Land, Richard Thripp
- dOnE - Paying kEtCh uP, sEaN nOrTh