Crying For A Ghost
We dance around our tails
like little puppy dogs
my puppies are dead in the back
of my Lightning truck
I walk the streets inside my heart
I wanna be your kitten
I can't live in the dark
with my dead puppies.
Akiboo died of Cancer,
my Minnesota cat
and Shiloh died in a bin
and Homeboy never came back.
He died with my collar on
and I never got to say goodbye.
Kimokeo's dead under his tree
and Vito never made it home.
Fluffy starved to death for her kittens
and there was nothing I could do.
Mira also died of Cancer
because her food was microwaved
and Kee' Kee's mouth rotted off
because his jaw broke when he was a baby.
Blue Dog ate my little chickens
but I love him anyway
everyday the assholes kick him
just because he wants their love.
My brothers shot my pet 'possum
and dumped him in the pond
I guess you can't ever come back
to the place you thought was home.
If I ever make it to the river
and get a barn full of hay,
I probably won't get any pets
because I've been hurt so many times.
They say you should never love anything
because it just dies.
I guess dreams die that way
even when you try your best
I guess somethings aren't meant to be
you can feed them all you possibly can
but if you're not there when they need you most
you're left standing in a grave
crying for a ghost.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Crying For A Ghost by Kelly Zion )
- because you doubted it, RIC S. BASTASA
- The curving world's edge (Passion Sonnet), Gert Strydom
- Could My Calm Coax You, Susan Lacovara
- At times we are only set on passing (Ame.., Gert Strydom
- The Implementation Is Seldom Unchanged, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Clean India Campaign, Dr John Celes
- Holy Journey, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MISSION, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life's Numbers, Randy McClave
- Imagining Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)