Crying For A Ghost
We dance around our tails
like little puppy dogs
my puppies are dead in the back
of my Lightning truck
I walk the streets inside my heart
I wanna be your kitten
I can't live in the dark
with my dead puppies.
Akiboo died of Cancer,
my Minnesota cat
and Shiloh died in a bin
and Homeboy never came back.
He died with my collar on
and I never got to say goodbye.
Kimokeo's dead under his tree
and Vito never made it home.
Fluffy starved to death for her kittens
and there was nothing I could do.
Mira also died of Cancer
because her food was microwaved
and Kee' Kee's mouth rotted off
because his jaw broke when he was a baby.
Blue Dog ate my little chickens
but I love him anyway
everyday the assholes kick him
just because he wants their love.
My brothers shot my pet 'possum
and dumped him in the pond
I guess you can't ever come back
to the place you thought was home.
If I ever make it to the river
and get a barn full of hay,
I probably won't get any pets
because I've been hurt so many times.
They say you should never love anything
because it just dies.
I guess dreams die that way
even when you try your best
I guess somethings aren't meant to be
you can feed them all you possibly can
but if you're not there when they need you most
you're left standing in a grave
crying for a ghost.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Crying For A Ghost by Kelly Zion )
- Thousand-Legger at Midnight, Donal Mahoney
- Suicide, Hans Raj Sharma
- Walls that never spoke before, Cee Bea
- Deep Purple II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Prayers!, Edward Kofi Louis
- I met a gentle lady, Cee Bea
- Made Openly, Edward Kofi Louis
- Story telling, Nassy Fesharaki
- affection and attraction, maharshi trivedi
- Alankar(Decor) -202, Indira Renganathan
Poem of the Day
- healthy back bag, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Bright Star, John Keats
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- rwetewrt erwtwer
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(3rd April 19sixty)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)