Though countless twirling wonders dance before to bait my heart,
Her dance splits night asunder—brilliance holds elate my heart.
When first her dark eyes opened, all the bashful heavens blushed;
The full moon danced out singing, “Let her gaze gyrate my heart! ”
I saw her lightly dancing midst a grove of cherry trees,
Their blossoms rained upon her; scenes as such translate my heart.
A weeping porcelain rose cried, “Once with dancing step she passed;
She picked me up and kissed me; now what love can sate my heart? ”
Her midnight jasmine fragrance dances playful on the wind,
And drifts across the rooftops on to stimulate my heart.
She walked down by the ocean where the waves danced at her feet,
The sea said, “Though I fall back, this does not abate my heart.”
One day I heard Zahhar say, “I did not know how to dance,
And though she tried to teach me, I could not locate my heart.”
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Published in Muse Apprentice Guild in Fall of 2003.
This is a ghazal poem.
Comments about this poem (Dancelight by Erin Thomas )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Why Wouldn't the Indus Wash Away Our Sor.., Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Aladdin's Lamp, Aftab Alam
- Time Is Against Them, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- For Us, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- The Death of Stella D'Cruz1, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- If My Voice Is Not Reaching You, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- DE-HOLOCAUSTIZE THE SIX MILLION JEWS, alexander opicho
- Pen And Paper, ali chukwuemeka
- Decoy, Aftab Alam
- My plaints, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj