The eternal war
Of sea against shore,
Holding no quarter.
Earth and stone, grinding away,
Blood and bone, decadent decay.
Sharing secrets, flesh against flesh.
As the girls danced-
Under the bright moonlight,
They were something to behold-
Oh, they were a sight.
Holding each other tight.
Throwing care to the wind,
Dancing past the waltz's end.
Onlookers stop and stare-
Oh, how they gossip and drool,
Whisperers a knife in their back,
How can people be so cruel.
But the girls
Just kept on dancing on-
Not caring to ever look back,
Forever entwined, beauty untouched.
They shared their passion with the crescendo-
Of the wind, and the sea, with the moon, and the stars,
The musicians recognized their beauty-
And they joined in with their guitars.
The crowd of people thinned out,
And very soon, they were gone.
Leaving the girls alone-
Alone in their trance,
Alone to their dance-
As the eternal war
Of sea against shore,
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Dancing Girls' by Kelly Seale )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Taken As Directed., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Exercises Of The Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Accounting For Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Best Is To Forget, Shalom Freedman
- Esta noche, Sergio Jaime
- My Pen Is Happy, King Happy
- All of The Above, King Happy
- In a Minute, King Happy
- Knowing and accepting, gajanan mishra