When choice, once clear, uncertain grows,
when confidence is in the throes
of conflict as the hands of fate
turn counter-clockwise, retrograde,
decisions must be made.
As lost hands may not be replayed
act, don’t delay, and fears may fade,
so plan ahead, anticipate
life’s pattern to its ebbs and flows
key in, diverting current woes.
When doubt, once abstract, shadows throws
to dim the spirit’s inner flows,
the mind must not procrastinate,
though expectations seem betrayed
where visibility has greyed.
Decisions must in time be made.
Tomorrowrs no safe barricade!
As rates of Change accelerate
Chance cannot, even if it chose,
avert Time’s arrows, flighty b[l]ows.
No door remains forever closed.
Internal or external foes
undermine the strongest state.
may turn the sharpest blade.
Decisions, if delayed,
beyond all reason Reason trade
for self destruction, taken late
may compromise, harm, or foreclose
free choice, voice suffocate.
(22 June 2005)
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Decisions 1283 by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- who slipped me a mickey?, Mandolyn ...
- Through Fine Curtains, Looking At Her Co.., mary douglas
- Glory Of The Rat, Joseph Walden
- I am a poet at night, Mark Heathcote
- Forced To Live Within Their Means, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- That Bold Hold, V P Mahur
- I'ts Not a Sin to Love You Like This..., wanderer sailor
- Psalm 096, Forrest Hainline
- Slaves To Appearances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Changes Can Be Painful, Lawrence S. Pertillar