Lawrence S. Pertillar
Decisions For Myself I Have Made
If you are here,
And so am I to witness life...
Why can't we commit ourselves,
To validating each other's happiness?
Why is it you stay combative and stressed?
With a fighting for each opportunity,
To debate our likes and dislikes?
What is it about this you can not accept?
When laws have been created,
To make it alright...
To choose and select from a variety,
That an entitled life affords.
What keeps you angered,
With a temperment that seems really immature?
'It just seems you enjoy your preferences more.'
Then why is it you can not ignore,
Those decisions for myself I have made?
'You appear not to be too impressed with mine.
And not once have you expressed envy or jealousy,
With a reason for me to have 'something' to live for.
And my attempts to get your attention,
Has proven to be a waste of my time.'
Don't get upset by this...
Your time and how it's used is not on my priority list.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Decisions For Myself I Have Made by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- War (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Finally hope fades away, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What can we do not to sin again? ? ? ?, ademola oluwabusayo
- Childhood collection poem -4, soulful heart
- Tell me you love me, Tiku akp
- All cut jokes, hasmukh amathalal
- Finally Freed (Unbound), Dylan Attard
- This materialistic world هذا العالم المادي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- My dream (Naani Poetry), Jesus James Llorico
- The Long March, Malek Haddad
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)