Lawrence S. Pertillar
Decisions For Myself I Have Made
If you are here,
And so am I to witness life...
Why can't we commit ourselves,
To validating each other's happiness?
Why is it you stay combative and stressed?
With a fighting for each opportunity,
To debate our likes and dislikes?
What is it about this you can not accept?
When laws have been created,
To make it alright...
To choose and select from a variety,
That an entitled life affords.
What keeps you angered,
With a temperment that seems really immature?
'It just seems you enjoy your preferences more.'
Then why is it you can not ignore,
Those decisions for myself I have made?
'You appear not to be too impressed with mine.
And not once have you expressed envy or jealousy,
With a reason for me to have 'something' to live for.
And my attempts to get your attention,
Has proven to be a waste of my time.'
Don't get upset by this...
Your time and how it's used is not on my priority list.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Decisions For Myself I Have Made by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- this is becoming a line at red box, Mandolyn Davidson
- it's SPF 50 or i'm hitting the caves, Mandolyn Davidson
- We Are, j.r ...
- if i had been a cactus, you still would .., Mandolyn Davidson
- retrospect, Mandolyn Davidson
- Mothra Rules, Kevin Patrick
- A Tidal Wave, MINA BOULEKOU
- gameshow guest, lee fones
- The Poor Rich, Samantha Pearson
- A Critique, Sandra Feldman