The dress, sequined white, full tutu and all,
The dance, announcing fulfillment of fall,
You think you see snow,
But look very closely, it's fairies you know!
We can't hear the wood-winds a spiny wind blows,
The air is so arctic it's numbing my nose!
Well, the hen and the cow are both in the barn,
Please be assured, I don't wish to alarm.
The fairies arrival has delusional charm,
But reality lives, down here on the farm,
Too many, too many! Go in and keep warm!
It isn't the fairies! It's a huge winter storm!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Delusional Charm by Connie Yost )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Egypt, Tony Adah
- A Tribute To Gray's Elegy, Naveed Khalid
- Nothing i can offer, binod bastola
- Canonical, Naveed Khalid
- Africanesse not Darkness, Famoroti Odunayo Israel
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- Wings of Shakti, Poet Dragon
- Femme Fatale, Naveed Khalid
- Trap Jaw Ant, Ima Ryma
- We Are Worryors, Famoroti Odunayo Israel