The dress, sequined white, full tutu and all,
The dance, announcing fulfillment of fall,
You think you see snow,
But look very closely, it's fairies you know!
We can't hear the wood-winds a spiny wind blows,
The air is so arctic it's numbing my nose!
Well, the hen and the cow are both in the barn,
Please be assured, I don't wish to alarm.
The fairies arrival has delusional charm,
But reality lives, down here on the farm,
Too many, too many! Go in and keep warm!
It isn't the fairies! It's a huge winter storm!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Delusional Charm by Connie Yost )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- hasrat, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- moti, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- Real Help, Edgar Albert Guest
- Onverflauwd groen en blauw-wit, Madrason writer
- गुलाब और सूरज, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- misfortune, oskar hansen
- Terminus, Concedo Nulli, Guillermo Veloso
- George Moir Black, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Spoiler, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Wide Outdoors, Edgar Albert Guest