DETROIT ROCK CITY
I was young about age eighteen,
I went to a place that had a lot of bling.
It was the city of Detroit, like a miniature New York.
Car drives by with license plate a glow,
mid winter with a lot of snow.
Reminds me of Kiss's song Detroit Rock City,
fan dies with a car which was not very pretty.
Bob Ezrin and Paul Stanely wrote the lyrics,
which where fast and slick like sweet syrup,
Now I have one of Kisses recording guitar pics,
used to record one of Kisses greatest hits.
Pic used to record “Rock and Roll All Night”
Rich gave it to me and I hide it out of sight.
Rich says he was friends with Gene Simons,
along time ago and he says he’s not kidding.
Now, Eminem I did visit your Detroit City,
I will return again when you rap with P Diddy.
Written by Christina Sunrise 2011
Christina Sunrise's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DETROIT ROCK CITY by Christina Sunrise )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(19 April 1928 - 26 December 2006)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Pessimist Vs. Optimist, Sujay Asukar
- In And Out Of Existence, Margaret Alice Second
- aChe HiLLy's Heal - oN thE hEELs oF eVeR.., sEaN nOrTh
- Pretty Eyes, Jack Abdallah
- The Heavy Thumb, Gouda Moon
- hope of hopes, Thampi KEE
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -99, Ronjoy Brahma
- But It's Over, Tex T Sarnie
- The Opposing Thumb, Gouda Moon
- जोनोमगिरि आय, Ronjoy Brahma