DETROIT ROCK CITY
I was young about age eighteen,
I went to a place that had a lot of bling.
It was the city of Detroit, like a miniature New York.
Car drives by with license plate a glow,
mid winter with a lot of snow.
Reminds me of Kiss's song Detroit Rock City,
fan dies with a car which was not very pretty.
Bob Ezrin and Paul Stanely wrote the lyrics,
which where fast and slick like sweet syrup,
Now I have one of Kisses recording guitar pics,
used to record one of Kisses greatest hits.
Pic used to record “Rock and Roll All Night”
Skunky gave it to me and I hide it out of sight.
Skunky says he was friends with Gene Simons,
along time ago and he says he’s not kidding.
Now, Eminem I did visit your Detroit City,
I will return again when you rap with P Diddy.
Written by Christina Sunrise 2011
Suzae Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DETROIT ROCK CITY by Suzae Chevalier )
- But we are one, gajanan mishra
- You are my sweet lovely heart, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- I am the time, Aftab Alam
- The one who is blessed by the God is su.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Angel, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Malaria, hasmukh amathalal
- The life we have lived, Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus