Don't Tear America Down!
Those who thinks America is finished;
Think again. Feeling dismayed that
You are not leaping ahead like before?
It is not only in America; worldwide, indeed.
America is not finished; it will be there,
Even in the dark hours of economic meltdown.
America will be there, for Americans are
Too proud, too strong willed to let
Their country go to pieces.
As their motto says:
'O Say Can You See'
And, 'God Bless America,
Land That They Love'
Americans truly loves America.
So, think not of a doom America
Think of a America of renewed hope,
Renewed love, and renewed faith,
For, if unbetold to you before,
God really loves America
Winston Harding's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't Tear America Down! by Winston Harding )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Don't Know If History Repeats Itself, Yehuda Amichai
- Limerick: There was a young person whose.., Edward Lear
- school, logan dillie
- THE MOMENT (BARACK HUSSAIN OBAMA’S INAUG.., sania harris
- Account, Czeslaw Milosz
Poem of the Day
- Uncle Styopa part2 by N. Mickhalkov, Yuri Starostin
- Secret Loves, Sandra Feldman
- Structural Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Winter, Sara Grace Je'tom Bradley
- Life's trash, Yisel Chong
- I Just, Michael P. McParland
- What She Is, Levi Crum
- I Am So Tired, Michael P. McParland
- Sacrafice, Levi Crum
- The Dent, Levi Crum