Don't Tear America Down!
Those who thinks America is finished;
Think again. Feeling dismayed that
You are not leaping ahead like before?
It is not only in America; worldwide, indeed.
America is not finished; it will be there,
Even in the dark hours of economic meltdown.
America will be there, for Americans are
Too proud, too strong willed to let
Their country go to pieces.
As their motto says:
'O Say Can You See'
And, 'God Bless America,
Land That They Love'
Americans truly loves America.
So, think not of a doom America
Think of a America of renewed hope,
Renewed love, and renewed faith,
For, if unbetold to you before,
God really loves America
Winston Harding's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't Tear America Down! by Winston Harding )
- Fact, Somanathan Iyer
- missing my son, jaquesha webb
- Love is tolerance, Somanathan Iyer
- Flattered lives, Somanathan Iyer
- Live Paintings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Colorless Light, Sandra Feldman
- The ragged men of Indian English poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Thoughts, nicholle gibson
- PH: Sin: The Wages Of Sin, Brian Johnston
- Ideals Envisioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)