Don't Tear America Down!
Those who thinks America is finished;
Think again. Feeling dismayed that
You are not leaping ahead like before?
It is not only in America; worldwide, indeed.
America is not finished; it will be there,
Even in the dark hours of economic meltdown.
America will be there, for Americans are
Too proud, too strong willed to let
Their country go to pieces.
As their motto says:
'O Say Can You See'
And, 'God Bless America,
Land That They Love'
Americans truly loves America.
So, think not of a doom America
Think of a America of renewed hope,
Renewed love, and renewed faith,
For, if unbetold to you before,
God really loves America
Winston Harding's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't Tear America Down! by Winston Harding )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Killings! Killings!, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- in memory of my first and last love, LUZAAN de Bruyn
- A Pair Of Messy Birds (Fun Poem 158), David Harris
- Beyond The Desert, Tracee Olga
- Tumbleweed, Robert Kane
- The Motorcyclists, James Tate
- The Definition of Gardening, James Tate
- Escape, Sadiqullah Khan
- Dial the Number Zero, Pintu Mahakul