You were a passing ship
In the night.
At once a momentary delight.
(With a shadow of a fright) .
The free untamed spirit of youth!
Scaring the old man in me.
Someone said like fatal attraction.
One could be drawn in.
Better to stay on the straight and narrow.
Might have sounded more honest.
From all you`s.
You became overnite,
Someone i would probably
Never see again.
My attraction to you,
Such things don`t form
Peter Vealey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreamboats. by Peter Vealey )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Fighting, Dark Guardian
- I Like My Lips Against Yours, Is It Poetry
- Sound Of India, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Best Test, John Shea
- peace in the battle field..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Refueling My Soul, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God I'll Bake For You, Mr. Nobody
- Exploitation, Akhtar Jawad
- Kill not, kill not, gajanan mishra
- Too filmy, hasmukh amathalal