Jason J. Yu
It's an addiction.
Losing all my will from within.
I'm addicted to the pills that destroy my will.
My will to be of any purpose to live and try.
Midas well die, and maybe then I can touch the sky.
Take more pills to try and cure my ills.
That are imaginary and transparent and nonexistent.
But with these pills I will bring forth my skills of...
Imagination to create destinations away from frustration.
As my contemplation no longer exists within my realm.
As the drug takes me higher than any elevation.
With persuasion of such persuasive withdrawals leave me,
Seeing things I'm not believing as my heart is pleading.
Please stop! I'm seeing things that are deceiving to all.
Even my head tries to make me fall deeper as I sleep.
With such nightmarish dreams that are nothing but demons.
Demons that have been conjured by the magic of hell.
Made by these drugs to tell me I'm no longer myself.
No longer in health, but in hell.
I'm theirs to hold, and I'm theirs to control.
And from the moment I started the bell had tolled.
Jason J. Yu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Drugged by Jason J. Yu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Of Snowdrape On Winterscape..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Made Electric By The Moon, Is It Poetry
- Dawn, Rinzen Norbu
- Season of Laziness, Rimni chakravarty
- There's no tree that won't ever bend, Tanya K.Tuomi
- Dragon is just sleeping, Tanya K.Tuomi
- Impossibility, Tanya K.Tuomi
- An Unemployed Machinist, John Giorno
- C a s t l e ~of~ S p i r i t s..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- I Change, Rimni chakravarty