Each footsteps I heard
Thought you were at doorsteps.
My curiosity made my
Feet's moves towards the entrance door
My hands in no time opened the doors
I dressed up beautifully
With a pleasant smile
To welcome you my dear.
My Eyes were searching
Only for you dear
Waiting to see you.
Just to have a glance.
Many days passed by
We were staying under one roof
But so aloof we stayed.
With Just a bye you left me
And each footsteps, I heard
I thought it was you.
I was excited to see you
I wanted to talk to you something
To whisper something in your ears
My eyes were looking only for you.
You never heard my whispers dear
You never saw my smile
You never looked at me at least once.
You came in, I opened the door only for you dear
All my enthusiasm drained away
All my love faded away
As each days went on this way.
When you came inside just saying hi
Without even having a glance at me dear
Why are you so aloof from me
Don't you feel the same love for me dear
Don't you remember how we cherished
How could you ever forget that
Its not just the moments we shared
Did I flirt with anyone?
Did I ever opened the door for anyone.?
My heart opened the door only for you dear
Only and only for you dear!
As I loved you, only you, so much Dear!
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Kavitha...Paron ki Aahat!
Comments about this poem (Each Footsteps! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Amritpaan, ramesh rai
- Sonnet: Labourers in the Vineyard (Mathe.., Dr John Celes
- Prayer To God-Sri Ramakrishna., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- The Deserted Spring, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Love In Lovers' Poetry, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
- Wake up!, Md. Asadullah
- viper kiss, aaron jimenez
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Worker Reads History, Bertolt Brecht
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)