Trying to survive life
Dealing with all the strife
Yet people continue putting me down
Laughing at me like I'm some clown
Making me feel like the enemy
So I try to see if there's a remedy
To find a cure
To see what's wrong with me
But I never do
So why am I always at fault?
Making me feel like I've committed an assault.
What is missing?
Is it that I'm not listening?
I'm so confused
Always feeling misused
In the past, being abused.
Why can't people just let me be?
Can't anyone see I try my best?
Why do I feel like I'm being put to the test?
There's only so much I can take.
So please, let me know
What was my mistake! ?
Am I really the enemy?
Just because I'm not how others want me to be?
I've come to realize
Under our disguise
We're our own worst enemy.
And that's how it's come to be.
So think twice before you judge me.
What you see now is nothing compared to what I am to be.
Cuz I hold the key
And you will see.
irisa salkic's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Enemy by irisa salkic )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Just one kiss, Kelly Curiel
- I love you to the moon and back, Petai Jirakongpipat
- jewel in crown of hell, ademola oluwabusayo
- prostitution, ademola oluwabusayo
- A Young Girl Is A Source of Inspiration,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- nose dive, jerome moore
- a piece of apple browning and skin peeli.., jerome moore
- Wounded Roses Sing by I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- to woo, Zmz Gbzn
- Parting Wish By Vijay Vishal, Bijay Kant Dubey