Trying to survive life
Dealing with all the strife
Yet people continue putting me down
Laughing at me like I'm some clown
Making me feel like the enemy
So I try to see if there's a remedy
To find a cure
To see what's wrong with me
But I never do
So why am I always at fault?
Making me feel like I've committed an assault.
What is missing?
Is it that I'm not listening?
I'm so confused
Always feeling misused
In the past, being abused.
Why can't people just let me be?
Can't anyone see I try my best?
Why do I feel like I'm being put to the test?
There's only so much I can take.
So please, let me know
What was my mistake! ?
Am I really the enemy?
Just because I'm not how others want me to be?
I've come to realize
Under our disguise
We're our own worst enemy.
And that's how it's come to be.
So think twice before you judge me.
What you see now is nothing compared to what I am to be.
Cuz I hold the key
And you will see.
irisa salkic's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Enemy by irisa salkic )
- Tales Of A Wife: Close To You, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- CREDITOR, Donald R Charon
- Tales Of A Wife: Lady Liberty, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Lament Of Many, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Misguided, Donald R Charon
- NATURE'S INFLUENCE, Donald R Charon
- How Was Your Day?, Donald R Charon
- we never did go bowling, Mandolyn ...
- How To Tie The Knot, Foster Teegarden
- hurry husband, shush my alliteration, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)