Every Day You Sought Me Out
You knocked upon the window of my chatbox,
Daily you sought me out,
Once, twice, three times four,
Day, afternoon and late into the evening,
We chatted our heads out...
We let our hearts open wide,
You blew chains off the fortress of my heart,
My heart was locked and guarded,
I promised myself, no one would ever touch it again,
And hot dam, you not only touched it
You took it a blew it to hell,
You owned it...you possesed it
My heart was true to you as per each stage we journied together
It did not falter when tempted,
It stayed tride and true, to you.
You left for fireworks and said you would be back later...
You forgot to say...how much later...
Having chatted daily, or every other day at the least...
Then suddenly, you dissappear...
And I am waiting for you...
And waiting some more....
And yet another day of waiting...
And worrying, and fretting...becoming scared you were in an accident,
OMG....what would I do? !
I wept over and over
I prayed a thousand humble prayers from the depth of my soul.
Then after a full week with no word,
You did not respond to my email.
You did not respond to my messages...
You deleted my Birthday greeting from your wall.....
And you leave me abandoned,
Wondering what did I do to deserve you shutting down?
Totally my heart is aching,
My mind is spinning,
I deserve an explanation
You are not a ten year old
You are a grown man...
Man up and talk to me for the Love of the very God you profess to!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Oh Lord God please kill me off
............................ Cambridge Keenan...July 11...2013
Comments about this poem (Every Day You Sought Me Out by Cambridge Keenan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1924 - 2000)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A drop fell on the apple tree, Emily Dickinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Coywolf, Julyn Pride
- December Walk, Julyn Pride
- Conundrums Consequence..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Whats and Whats, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- No Answers To Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock
- Bridging The Beauty of New York On The H.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Hiking Limerick, Mr. Spock
- Christmas Tree, Mr. Spock
- The Star, The Wish, The Coming..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR