Every Day You Sought Me Out
You knocked upon the window of my chatbox,
Daily you sought me out,
Once, twice, three times four,
Day, afternoon and late into the evening,
We chatted our heads out...
We let our hearts open wide,
You blew chains off the fortress of my heart,
My heart was locked and guarded,
I promised myself, no one would ever touch it again,
And hot dam, you not only touched it
You took it a blew it to hell,
You owned it...you possesed it
My heart was true to you as per each stage we journied together
It did not falter when tempted,
It stayed tride and true, to you.
You left for fireworks and said you would be back later...
You forgot to say...how much later...
Having chatted daily, or every other day at the least...
Then suddenly, you dissappear...
And I am waiting for you...
And waiting some more....
And yet another day of waiting...
And worrying, and fretting...becoming scared you were in an accident,
OMG....what would I do? !
I wept over and over
I prayed a thousand humble prayers from the depth of my soul.
Then after a full week with no word,
You did not respond to my email.
You did not respond to my messages...
You deleted my Birthday greeting from your wall.....
And you leave me abandoned,
Wondering what did I do to deserve you shutting down?
Totally my heart is aching,
My mind is spinning,
I deserve an explanation
You are not a ten year old
You are a grown man...
Man up and talk to me for the Love of the very God you profess to!
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Oh Lord God please kill me off
............................ Cambridge Keenan...July 11...2013
Comments about this poem (Every Day You Sought Me Out by Cambridge Keenan )
- Different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Are you really?, Maxim Pokalyuhin
- The pain and pricks., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The maiden poem...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Loves silent vigil, Erato
- I Miss You., sanjay Pathak
- I am Sorry., sanjay Pathak
- Dunderheaded Love Stories (Adwoa Xanthe), Dexsta Ray
- an unpassionate night, lee fones
- Mobocracy, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1886 - 1967)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edwin Arlington Robinson
(22 December 1869 – 6 April 1935)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)