Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
F l e u r F a t a l e...
Comes nite, fate befalls a Black Moon orchid,
Toasted umber bedaubs... curled leafed-tips,
Coursing arbored veins with a wrecklessness
As cancer permeates, the nodes and marrow.
Comes the rain, Mother Natures sweet elixir;
Remission.....could Death be not found here?
Miles away...... a Richelieu rosebush is dying
Strickened by curse of Black Spot 'n Dieback.
Comes dawn, natures demons smile 'n dance,
Death has found another genus...to permeate,
While Mother Nature sobs bitterly for herself;
And, Black Moon orchid knows there is a God.
(c) Frank J.Ryan, Jr.-2013
Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (F l e u r F a t a l e... by Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR )
- Drum can't, hasmukh amathalal
- Hold the key, hasmukh amathalal
- Tear - Stained Page, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Only sign, hasmukh amathalal
- हँसते रहते है hanste rehte hi, hasmukh amathalal
- A Detached Star from the Galaxy, Aftab Alam
- Life is not to play trick - Life is, gajanan mishra
- Somewhere an Heart Exists, Rohit Sapra
- Being You Is The Way, Rohit Sapra
- Who is who?, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To the Pay Toilet, Marge Piercy
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns