They have lots of kinds of fake sugar
with zero calories
but I don't want you to be a fake person,
I want you to really be sweet.
Oh where is love anyway
when everybody's really fake?
Sure, to some it tastes the same
and they don't want to gain anything.
But I want to gain you,
I want to gain truth,
I want to gain trust,
I want to gain love.
Oh, fake sugar is just a sweetener
to sugar the girl so you can fake love her
but what are you really feeling inside?
what is it you're trying to hide?
Oh, how well do you have to know someone
to know if they're real?
People get married and die thinking they're in love
and never know how it really feels.
Or they find out halfway through drinking the cup
that the package says, 'Stevia'
which is just natural for someone like that
who doesn't feel real love.
So if you're fake, tell me right now,
there's no way you'll be able to hide
because when all the fake sugars get sifted out
you'll fall into the fire.
And if you try to use me
you'll be ground to powder,
you know I'd rather drink black coffee
than have you're fake sugar.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fake Sugar by Kelly Zion )
- In our minds, Brian Kilpatrick
- Walls, arshad arshad
- / Ek Burkhawalli She Pyar-mohabbat/ Ek P.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Boond Boond Boond Barse Chain, Yashvardhan Goel
- O My God, Meri Ek Bhi Nahin, Uski Tin-Ti.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Fabus Indulcet Fames, michael walkerjohn
- One Not, But Three Bibis, Veiled Wives, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Alive In S'November To Remember - The Ta.., Joe Muschaweck
- Each Day With You KP, Michael McParland
- थिरिँ बिरिँ x6, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Marriage(Divine Relation), binod bastola
- YOUR SADNESS DRAWS A SAD PICTURE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)