They have lots of kinds of fake sugar
with zero calories
but I don't want you to be a fake person,
I want you to really be sweet.
Oh where is love anyway
when everybody's really fake?
Sure, to some it tastes the same
and they don't want to gain anything.
But I want to gain you,
I want to gain truth,
I want to gain trust,
I want to gain love.
Oh, fake sugar is just a sweetener
to sugar the girl so you can fake love her
but what are you really feeling inside?
what is it you're trying to hide?
Oh, how well do you have to know someone
to know if they're real?
People get married and die thinking they're in love
and never know how it really feels.
Or they find out halfway through drinking the cup
that the package says, 'Stevia'
which is just natural for someone like that
who doesn't feel real love.
So if you're fake, tell me right now,
there's no way you'll be able to hide
because when all the fake sugars get sifted out
you'll fall into the fire.
And if you try to use me
you'll be ground to powder,
you know I'd rather drink black coffee
than have you're fake sugar.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fake Sugar by Kelly Zion )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Brain-Drain, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Heaven's Delight, JJ Evendon
- (7) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Two or Three, M.J. Lemon
- A Modern Haiku For Modern Life, M.J. Lemon
- We are All Nomads, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dancing Shadows!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Still I Rise, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Sweet Sadness, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Keep Smiling, Md. Ziaul Haque
- No More Pain, Md. Ziaul Haque