They have lots of kinds of fake sugar
with zero calories
but I don't want you to be a fake person,
I want you to really be sweet.
Oh where is love anyway
when everybody's really fake?
Sure, to some it tastes the same
and they don't want to gain anything.
But I want to gain you,
I want to gain truth,
I want to gain trust,
I want to gain love.
Oh, fake sugar is just a sweetener
to sugar the girl so you can fake love her
but what are you really feeling inside?
what is it you're trying to hide?
Oh, how well do you have to know someone
to know if they're real?
People get married and die thinking they're in love
and never know how it really feels.
Or they find out halfway through drinking the cup
that the package says, 'Stevia'
which is just natural for someone like that
who doesn't feel real love.
So if you're fake, tell me right now,
there's no way you'll be able to hide
because when all the fake sugars get sifted out
you'll fall into the fire.
And if you try to use me
you'll be ground to powder,
you know I'd rather drink black coffee
than have you're fake sugar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fake Sugar by Kelly Zion )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- What Catfish Is For - Meditation In Caro.., Warren Falcon
- Forgotten Waltz No.2 (After Liszt), mary douglas
- Freedom, Please, Sandra Feldman
- Billy The Kid In A Sky Blue Kerchief, mary douglas
- SERVANTHOOD, MYK NWACHUKWU
- A Thousand Words, Nelson Yang
- *VI*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- This Prismatic Day, mary douglas
- Take My Last Sapphire Wish To Use On, mary douglas
- Savory Deal, Mike Acker