Where now is your beauty?
oh fallen soul,
your fruit rots upon the vine,
your eyes diminished, blind,
lawlessness now takes its toll.
Your pride and boasts have
brought you down,
you're lost within a maze,
no brightness now, just haze,
no smiles replace your frown.
You worship no one, but self alone,
your hands are soiled with sin,
your ears hear not above the din,
you've numerous misdeeds to atone.
When did you lose your love to him?
when did the struggle get too strong?
when did you doubt and not belong?
when did your life become too grim?
Where now is truth, my anxious friend?
the man I see - that's really you?
don't you know, what we all go through?
it's a troubled message that you send.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fallen by David Lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- bring this tech down a little, Mandolyn ...
- From words and acts, gajanan mishra
- Molecules Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bond exists, hasmukh amathalal
- Deliverance, JRose Sanders
- Only answer, hasmukh amathalal
- Mirrored Past, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- insert emotion here, Mandolyn ...
- Prince Johnson's Cannibalism, Richard Thripp
- Rain Colors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak