You are my friend and fly!
You are the children's and kid's beloved fly!
You are an insect
You are small in size
You have fire with your body
You make strange noises at night
By the help of your magical fire
You spread light
Your are trying to help people by spreading light
You softens the darkness away by your light
Oh! What a light you got!
Please give me your light
Share the secret of your magic
You are held captive by some naughty children
You are troubled by them
As they torture you
But fire fly! fire fly!
You are my friend...
Z.I. Mahmud's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fire fly by Z.I. Mahmud )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- He Said, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Unknown, dhia abada
- Time is fixed, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- A Tea Plucker In Sri Lanka, Dilantha Gunawardana
- My Name is Humanity, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Hey Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- যদি ভুলে যাও আমায়, Rezwan Mortuza
- Be not sad, gajanan mishra
- The Daughter of River, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Still a casualty, Missau Missau